Monday, October 30, 2023

52Frames Use a Tripod Weekly Photo Challenge

The subject for the 52Frames photo challenge this week was “use a tripod.” So I spent the first half of the week trying a few options inside of the house. A certain tiny vase with wonderful colors was placed in the sunlight and the results were intriguing. Then we drove to the Tidal Basin in search of something outside. I could use the rail around the basin for a place to rest my phone on and hope for the best. I ended up submitting the Jefferson Memorial  because my husband liked that photo the best. I did have to edit the airplane and bird over to get it more in the frame, and eliminate some unsightly twigs and buildings. The reflection in the still water was lovely. I also liked the waterfall at the Franklin Roosevelt Memorial, the lone brilliant tree along the Tidal Basin park, and some leaves. At the end of the week we took a ride to Old Town Alexandria for a morning walk and also to see if there were any other options. I liked the dappled light window box that was filled with seasonal plants and pumpkins - it looked like something I would have done when we lived in our Midwest home. Last week my image was selected in the top 52 out of close to 3000 entries. I don’t think it will happen this week or next. I haven’t done my signature composite image for a while and miss putting my personal touch on the submissions. The weekly activity keeps my creative juices flowing, but sometimes the subject matter just isn’t all that interesting. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment