Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Action, No Action

It used to be when we lived in the Midwest we played a game when we were driving home. We had a neighbor who was frequently outside of his house, and the idea was to guess if he was inside or outside. My husband usually took one guess and I would take the opposite. It all sounds so foolish. But at least it was unpredictable. Then recently we started to do the same thing here. Except now there are two options to play “action, no action.” When we drive back home we usually take the long route. That path takes us past a huge mansion that is gated. One time there was someone in the driveway doing yard work. Otherwise it stands completely devoid of activity. My husband keeps thinking one of these days there will be some action, but I don’t think there ever will be any. The other place is when we pass by the neighborhood park - the one we walk almost every morning. It’s at the bump in the street that allows pedestrians to walk across from the bridge to the other side. Usually there is a lot of foot traffic there. I always let my husband decide what activity he is expecting. At least this one is also unpredictable. It’s really quite a stupid game, but it’s become a habit. This is how we spend our time - I’m not sure what to say about that. 








No comments:

Post a Comment