Friday, October 6, 2023

Nature’s Promise Organic Plain Popcorn

I have always loved popcorn - even though it was the start of my TMJ problems. I remember the minute I cracked my jaw on a piece of popcorn kernel and it was downhill ever since. I ended up having bilateral TMJ surgery in 1982 and it did work, but it’s been a painful experience! But that hasn’t stopped my from eating popcorn - I just eat it very slowly and carefully to avoid any mishap. I no longer have the “bad” popcorn. So we got a bottle of plain Orville Redenbacher and made it on the stove in olive oil. It was good! But it was a mess to clean up. Then we found some Nature’s Promise organic popcorn for the microwave. It was so much easier to make in the microwave, but there was three per cent fat and nine per cent sodium. That is what I am trying to avoid - no salt or fat. So I won’t be getting that anymore once the three bags are done. Obviously it was tastier, but that defeats the purpose. So the next time we go grocery shopping I need to look for other alternatives or I’ll stick with Orville. To make the prep less of a mess I ordered a silicone collapsible bowl and cover that may just do the trick. It’s supposed to arrive tomorrow and I’ll give it a try. I’d like to try it without oil just for the heck of it, although olive oil is actually good. That will be the next report on popcorn. I am hoping it does the trick. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment