Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Mediterranean Sea

My dad was in Northern Africa during WWII on a ship in the Mediterranean. This is the first time I have seen the Mediterranean Sea seventy years later. A lot has changed since then! We are in Barcelona visiting our English friends son and were joined by our French friends.  Yesterday we took a stroll along the sea, saw some parrots flapping, palm trees, and surfers. It reminded me a lot of Florida along the gulf shores where I grew up. The sun was misleading as it actually felt like thirty degrees. But it was a very pleasant day taking in the sights in a place I would not have imagined visiting even last year. My husband and I prefer the company over the sights and pretty much tag along wherever everyone else wants to go. This way I really don't have to think about anything. And I really like it that way! 







No comments:

Post a Comment