Thursday, November 26, 2015

Placa de Gaudi in Barcelona

It was probably the strangest "church" we have ever been in, and it is still under construction. I didn't read anything about it, and usually don't. We were traveling with friends to Barcelona and this was a place the earnest travelers wanted to see and we were along for the ride. It's called Placa de Gaudi and it looked very gawdy. I don't know if one word has anything to do with the other, but it reminded me of a movie called Baron Munchausen - we walked out of it it was so strange. We waited in line for quite some time to buy a ticket, and wandered about the church for awhile and were amazed at how busy it was. I was eager to leave it, and see the more natural beauty of the country. At least I can say I was there, but that's about it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment