Thursday, November 19, 2015

Uber and Willie Nelson

It's been awhile since we took Uber, so I was a bit confused about how to enter the right address. The driver called to clarify exactly where we were located. He finally got us to our destination in rush hour traffic - the DAR Concert hall for the Willie Neslon Gerswhin prize concert. But it was quite expensive at $26.00? So we took our free seats that were a lottery win from the Library of Congress employee pool and waited for the music. Not long after we sat down, Mr. Nelson entered and sat within our view and seemingly enjoyed the show - Neil Young, Paul Simon, Cyndi Lauper, Don Johnson, and several others whom I don't really know. At the end Willie sang "on the road again," but we didn't hear "you are always on my mind." They had to redo the Cyndi Lauper duet because there was something wrong with the production truck. Nevertheless it will be broadcast in January.  We'll probably watch it because it's a very different show watching it on tv. It was a nice event, but I'm not a huge fan. But my husband enjoyed it. I think the songs of Billy Joel last year had more meaning for me. I didn't know half the songs played at Willie's show. When we left the concert hall, we walked a couple blocks and hailed a cab. He got us home in short order and it was $15.00. I'm sure it had something to do with the time of day - or did it? 





No comments:

Post a Comment