Monday, September 12, 2016

Brushing Up on Driving

I used to drive all the time when we lived in Milwaukee. I didn't have a choice. I needed to drive to work and then from work had to drive to every satellite outpost to do my thing - a productivity efficiency expert in a very large Heath care organization. That included a lot of time on the road in the dreadful winter months which lasted almost all year long! Since we moved to DC I have become very lazy. My job at the Library of Congress was just two blocks away. So I walked to work and walked home for lunch. It was a dream situation and all the wretched driving stories were heard with compassion. Now that I retired and we get out and about more routinely I have found that my driving skills are a bit rusty - particularly in the tight urban landscape that we live in. My parallel parking needs some practice and just keeping my eye on the road are things I need to really think about now. Being a passenger is so much more fun as I'm snapping away taking pictures of everything and writing about it. So in order to get back in to the swing of things I drive back from wherever we go. Do I like it? Not particularly. But I better get used to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment