Saturday, January 13, 2018

Securifi Almond Touchscreen Wireless Range Extender

The Wi-Fi signal in one of our apartments is terrible. The modem and router is set up in our primary living space across the hall. We have relied on that signal only - and it has been very frustrating! And since my printer is on the low signal side too, it can become very irritating to get something to print. I have been researching for a long time trying to figure out how to make the Wi-Fi signal stronger. I kept hearing about it, asking about it, but getting no where. I finally stumbled across the Securifi Almond Extender and decided to give it a try. The reviews were good, it wouldn’t require a PC to set it up, and had a small touchscreen. When it arrived I was a bit intimidated - but realized I was reading directions for a router, rather than the Extender. Not being a tech person, it takes awhile to figure it out. In all honesty, after a couple of goofs and fooling around, I was able to find our very weak signal from across the hall and latch on to it. I also downloaded the Securifi app to continue the set up process. Now, whenever we are in the “weak signal” side, we can say that our Wi-Fi signal is just fine now. My husband is able to use his iPad without a hitch, and if we would ever need to view anything on to the tv it should work well. I’m sure there are a lot more things out there that would make life easier. I just need to find them. I’m just happy we finally found a workable solution. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment