Thursday, January 4, 2018

Snow Art

The last thing I wanted to do this morning was walk outside in blustery cold temps. But it is our habit. One can get enough exercise just getting dressed with all the layers and wraps. So we started out on our usual route, but decided that maybe a trip to Ted's Bulletin for breakfast would make it worth our while. So we turned back from Union Station and followed the salted walkways - which means staying away from the neighbors houses and taking the business route. That way you'll have a better chance of cleaner walkways and less slips. No one around here cleans their sidewalk so there is no point of taking a chance. And wearing mittens makes it very difficult to hang on to my husband! When we got home we put the wet boots on the entryway mat that faces our tiny patio. I couldn't help but notice the artwork staring me in the face. Usually I find snow irritating at best - living in the Midwest for thirty years does that to you! For whatever reason it looked pretty today - maybe because it was more of a dusting than an accumulation - and we didn't have to be anywhere. I asked my husband to look at the patio and he didn't see any of what I was looking at. That just goes to show you that we have different brain functions. I see things as artwork. He sees the same thing as snow. 














No comments:

Post a Comment