Saturday, July 1, 2023

A Ride to Gloucester and Rocky Neck

The last time we were in Boston was for the surprise fiftieth wedding anniversary party for my parents in 1998. This time we were invited to a memorial outdoor gathering for the unexpected passing of my oldest cousin last year. Things have really changed from twenty five years ago! Last week on this day we took a ride to Gloucester and Rocky Neck. It’s so nice to be driven around and just take everything in. Luckily I was in the front seat, my husband was in the back, and my cousin was the tour guide. There was some sort of church carnival going on. It’s also the home of the famous Gorton’s. It seems we always lived somewhere near the water and this place is another seaworthy village. The boats are everywhere and there is a definite sea, fishing and beach vibe. My cousin is in to the arts and we looked around the less touristy artsy places. The homes are beautiful and the gardens are even nicer - although I can imagine the winters are quite brutal. It all reminds me of my New England roots even though we moved away when I was in second grade. But a large chunk of my family still lives in this part of the country. It’s a great place to visit and see family, but I think I know why my dad moved away. We really had a lovely time there. I just wish we could visit more often. 







































No comments:

Post a Comment