Sunday, July 16, 2023

The Park Visitor

If we aren’t taking a ride in to town for a morning walk we will take a turn in the neighborhood - either around the block or in the park nearby. Sometimes we will drive to Roosevelt Island or Alexandria to mix it up a bit and at least seasonally. If the weather is really bad then we will drive to the mall - my least favorite option. I keep reading that spending time in nature is better for you rather than in the concrete jungle. I have a tendency to believe that because I can feel my blood pressure go up whenever we hit the traffic and try to find parking. So the other day when we went to the neighborhood park we are always on the look out for the park creatures. A very skinny fox crossed our path and got the attention of a dog. The fox moved so fast I couldn’t get a photo. We now have a bird app that tells us which birds are chatting among us. One day there were about thirteen varieties. You just hit the record button, the app listens, and it names the bird along with a picture of it. And it’s always fun to see the deer. This time there was just one right in front of us. It looked at us with as much curiosity as we looked at it. We oftentimes see several together, but lately it’s not unusual to see just one. We had a borzoi who thought she was a deer. She would love to talk to the deer when they came in to our yard when we lived in the Midwest. I guess you could say I like animals. My husband prefers the crowds and and noise. So at least this way we both get to enjoy our favorite settings. 














No comments:

Post a Comment