Monday, October 23, 2023

52Frames Fashion Photo Challenge

We hadn’t been down to the National mall for a couple of weeks due to jury duty. So we headed out last week in search of something about “fashion” for the 52Frames weekly photo challenge. We thought in front of the Capitol might be a good spot to catch someone that fit the bill. However, on the way to the east front, we were walking along the reflecting pool. A huge number of out of town visitors were walking past us and one caught my attention with her accessories - particularly the white heeled boots, purse, head scarf and hat. She looked like she was walking the runway so I did a burst of twenty photos to catch just the right swagger. We also found a young woman and her dog sitting in front by the fountain and an engaged couple sitting in the National Gallery of Art amidst the grand masters. My husband preferred the single image of the hat lady. I preferred the multilayered sequence and transparent walk, which has become my signature product. It’s been a long time since I posted a single shot that is simply edited, although a few different colors and tones were tried. Someone from England has begun to try my layering technique and I am so thrilled he noticed. Our friend who introduced me to 52Frames has also been trying this technique with excellent results and comments. I really prefer making the weekly photos a project since my expertise is digital art - not photography. And this is a way to make the best of both worlds. 














No comments:

Post a Comment