Monday, October 2, 2023

52Frames Red Weekly Photo Challenge

The challenge this week was “red” for the 52Frames photo op. My mom’s seventy five plus year old vase was a great idea - even though the stem of it was broken right after I brought it home. It was placed on the windowsill in full sunlight that cast interesting shadows and also brought out the delicate floral design. Then the base was isolated and placed against a solid black background. To add a bit of interest to the scene, a photo of my husband’s miniature rose plant was taken. One bud was isolated from the image, copied, shifted in to different positions - including a falling flower that gave it some movement. Then a red swirl was added to the base of the vase representing the broken piece and added to the “redness.”  I also tried the same scene using a white peony flower but in the end preferred the roses. I really enjoy creating composite images as opposed to just taking a photo and submitting that with a bit of editing. I’m not really a photographer as such. I enjoy taking pictures and turning them in to projects. It’s all part of the digital art world and is a great hobby and keeps my creative juices flowing. And my husband is the best critic. He always helps me get the image to look just right. Usually it takes several iterations. And he has the patience to do this every week. 














No comments:

Post a Comment