Sunday, October 8, 2023

UPS Drop Off for Return Packages

We always knew there was a UPS store in the neighborhood. We could easily walk to it but never had the need, but it’s nice to know there is also a notary option. We have been there now twice in one week! The first time was my mistake. I ordered a pair of readers from Eyebobs on Amazon. When they arrived they were much too big and too heavy to wear. So I wanted to return them. The process was very straightforward. You just request a return/refund, print out the shipping label, put it on the package, bring it to UPS, it gets scanned and an email is sent that the package was returned. The refund was issued as soon as the package was shipped. The second time wasn’t so easy. I ordered a microwave popcorn maker from Amazon and another item that was supposed to be shipped together. When I opened the package, the address was correct, but the contents contained an herb garden - something I didn’t order. This had never happened to me before in the twenty years of using Amazon. Since there were two items in the package the process to get it resolved was time consuming. I first went to the item on the Amazon app that was supposed to be shipped and followed the prompts. I got shipping instructions and a QR code that I needed to take to UPS. But when it came to the other item it said I couldn’t refund/exchange or do anything else. So I called Amazon support and explained the situation. In the end it was resolved but it always takes time out of your day - a big problem when it wasn’t my mistake. Both of the original items I ordered are set to be delivered separately today and tomorrow. When we went to return the package that I never ordered at the UPS store today, the place was so busy with customers! The guy directed me to the drop off machine and told me to follow the prompts. I scanned the QR code and a label was printed. He told me to use the label to seal the package. I did - but I forgot to/didn’t remove my mailing address. Then I placed the sealed package in to the drop off slot. I have an uneasy feeling about this. I have a notion this isn’t the end of it. But at least now I am familiar with the return process and have formally used the UPS store. I hope it doesn’t become a habit. I’ve been hearing there are more and more issues with Amazon lately. Maybe they are true. 












No comments:

Post a Comment