Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Capitol Christmas Tree Arrives in DC With a Stop In Milwaukee

It has arrived! The Capitol Christmas tree originated in Minnesota this year. This I know because my friend who hails from there informed me about it. She went to see it get unloaded from the flat bed truck on Friday. Before it arrived here, it passed through Milwaukee en route to DC. I read about it on line in the Milwaukee Journal last week. There was a lot of fanfare for it downtown there. (The photos are from the Milwaukee Journal). I feel a bit of a connection to it now! Today we walked over to the Capitol see how far the progress is with the decorations. There were a lot of very large branches on the ground. A forklift was hovering about with a workman skillfully filling in the bare spots. Most of the Westlawn was fenced off and of course there was police presence. In less than two weeks it will be completely decorated for the official lighting scheduled on December 2 at 5PM. Then, you can get close up and personal and see the ornaments that come from all over the country. When we first moved here, we went to one of the official lighting ceremonies, but since then I've always been at work at 5 PM. Maybe we will make it this year since I'm on an eight hour shift now. Things do keep getting brighter - especially this time of the year. 






No comments:

Post a Comment