Thursday, October 27, 2016

A John Coltrane Odyssey Lecture at the Library of Congress

I am always looking for programs and lectures of interest at the Library of Congress. Most, if not all of them, are free. Plus, it's only two blocks from our house so it's not a hassle to get there, except to go through the usual security issues. But I'm used to that because I worked there for ten years. I just happened upon a lecture about John Coltrane, presented by Andrew White. I personally have no interest in jazz, but I do like music. But our friends from Milwaukee will be visiting next week and this is right up their alley - I think. So I was able to order up four free tickets, and asked our friend from here if she would also like to join us as we typically get together when everyone is in town. So I'm hoping it's worth the effort. Even if it's not, it's a great excuse to get together for a free event in a delightful venue. And it always feels so much nicer going in to the library for these types of things as a retiree!



No comments:

Post a Comment