Friday, October 14, 2016

Recycling an HP Printer and Ink at Staples

I need a printer to create images of my digital pet portraits to hang on my gallery wall at the Wagtime Shop on Capitol Hill. We also use a printer occasionally to make a hard copy of something or other. My old HP printer lasted about five years, and served me well. Last month I replaced it with an HP Envy printer. I didn't want to throw out the original box until I was sure it functioned. It seems to be working okay, so we decided it was time to get rid of the old printer. I checked on line and saw that Staples has a recycling program for office equipment and ink. I also called to make sure we wouldn't be making a trip to Staples for nothing. So I packed the old printer and ink in to the red 2016 Book Festival bag and carried it into the staples shop in Alexandria. They said I would get four dollars back for every ink cartridge (?), but the point was to just get rid of all the stuff and I won't be cashing in on the ink. It seems like a confusing thing anyway. So when we came home, my husband insisted that we declutter the closet and throw out the new printer box along with all the other recycling junk accumulated. I suppose I could have just thrown the printer out in the garbage myself. It just felt better to do it this way.









No comments:

Post a Comment