Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Kevin Schwartz Persian Literary History Lecture at the Library of Congress

We routinely attend presentations and lectures at the Library of Congress. I worked at the library for ten years and just retired in February. It always feels so much nicer entering the library as a retiree than as an employee! And so it was today to attend the lecture on Persian literary history by Dr. Kevin Schwartz. It was held in the Middle Eastern division in the Jefferson Building. For these presentations,  I generally go for the ride, so to speak. These sessions are more in line with subject matter that my husband prefers and understands. But it would help if the microphone was used! It's difficult enough to try and understand the information, but I'd like to be able to hear it too. Since I am not the person to ask, my husband felt it was well presented and comprehensive, well thought out and expertly done. But it's something only a scholar can appreciate! The surroundings are magnificent, and I invariably run in to someone I used to work with. So in the end it is worth the walk over. I am looking forward to another presentation coming up next month about how the Great Gatsby is portrayed in movies. It's these things we would miss if and when we ever move from DC. We talk about that a lot, but don't seem to have the energy to do more than that.







No comments:

Post a Comment