Tuesday, September 29, 2020

The Cardinal and All Things Red

My favorite bird is the cardinal. I hear them all the time when we walk through the park, but don’t get to see them much - until this week. There was what must have been a youngster sitting on the path in front of us. Then he flew to a low lying branch nearby and just sat there - waiting to be photographed. I could also hear the chirps of his companion as they always hang around in pairs. It was so lovely to get a closer up view of this fine feathered friend. Then I wondered what else have we seen in the color “red” lately and randomly scrolled through my camera roll for the last nine photos with that color in them. There was a beautiful sunset, Jane Austen’s brick house, furniture in our old condo, leaves in the US Botanic garden, berries in the park, bridesmaid dresses/pants at a colleague’s wedding, red pepper flakes and tomato can, a bandanna I painted on the last custom portrait, and a spray bottle for water. It was an interesting exercise and something to write about. Wonder what the next subject will be? 






















No comments:

Post a Comment