Friday, January 25, 2013

Angel Food Cake or Chocolate Chip Cookies?

I am an avid angel food cake lover. I've liked it since I was a kid. And now as an oldster, it's great for an after dinner treat. But for some reason, for the last couple of months, it has not been available either at Harris Teeter or Safeway. The folks at both these places always know what the question is before my husband even asks it... "Do you have any angel food cake?" And they have no explanation as to why it has disappeared and can't say if it will ever return. So in the meantime I have had to resort to other options. Just one cookie will do the trick, and I've robbed my husband's supply of LU Cinnamon Sugar Spice. Then our grandson brought over a plate full of homemade chocolate chip cookies with a dash of salt on the top. And I suppose over the holidays there were a lot of other unhealthy alternatives. In Milwaukee I would not have experienced the grandson option, because he wouldn't have been able to just trot down the street one evening and drop them off. At the Sendik's grocery store there, a delicious strawberry flavored angel food cake was available. I haven't seen anything like that here. In the end, I still prefer the angel food cake, and was surprised and happy this week when it showed up out of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment