Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Jury Duty - Again!

In the thirty years I lived in Wisconsin I was called to jury duty one time. Since we moved here eight years ago I have been summoned twice and for a third time last week. It's almost a standing joke in the neighborhood that you will be contacted at least every two years. I suppose that is the price one pays for living in an urban environment. Instead of mailing back the required information, I chose to use the website, which was not available Friday or the weekend. So I tried to use it again on Monday, answered all the questions, and unfortunately met all the requirements. At one time I thought it might be interesting to serve on a jury, but also saw it as a way to escape work. Wouldn't you know I just converted to part time and if stuck on a jury I will not be fully compensated for the time spent- any where from 3-5 days. And of course my annual doctor appointment had to be changed because it was scheduled on the same day. I'm passed the stage of being interested in this process. It's probably a crime to even think so.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment