Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Library of Congress Hydrangeas

Every afternoon I like to take a little over a mile walk around the hallways of the Madison Building. It's hard to sit at a desk in front of a computer all day long. Plus it is good exercise and there is no excuse because the weather is always good indoors. With the Easter season and spring in the air, a bunch of hydrangeas were placed in the foyer, right in front of the Manuscript Division and Reading Room. The pinks and purples caught my eye from the second floor. In December the halls were decked with poinsettias. The beautiful flowers reminded me of the two hydrangea bushes we have in the tiny patio garden. I whacked them back to the stems a few days ago and got a huge blister on my thumb for the effort. After the awful rain, wind, and cold weather of the last couple of days we are looking forward to seeing our own blossoms. And it couldn't come soon enough!  




No comments:

Post a Comment