Saturday, November 22, 2014

That Darn Eggplant - Harris Teeter Here We Come

I am getting tired of going to grocery stores. I shouldn't complain because my husband always does the grocery shopping. As an added bonus, he LOVES to cook, so I am off the hook for that too. So I have become extremely lazy in this department. But since we are having five people over for Thanksgiving, we needed to pick up a few things. A week or two ago we got our whole turkey in a bag at Target. I love this bag thing because it is so much easier, and it is the one thing that I have the responsibility for. Yesterday we spent what seemed to be a  day in Costco. We decided to finally become members and try the place out for the first time. It was great for large bulk non perishable items, but not so good for a few little things. So after brunch this morning in McLean, we stopped at Safeway and got the gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and sliced ham -  but the eggplant just didn't look any good. I knew what that would mean - a trip to Harris Teeter. Yes, they did have the best looking eggplant. And I know someone who loves pumpkin pie so we had to get one of those. And then a little milk would be needed for the mashed potatoes. And a little yogurt is always nice. When does it end? I guess never - not as long as there are holidays and stomachs to fill. 






No comments:

Post a Comment