Monday, November 17, 2014

Twitter, Tweets, and Updates

I'm always looking at statistics at work and for my hobby. At work, I track and report on all kinds of performance measures. I did that in health care too in Milwaukee - as a clinician and as a regional director.  A lot of decisions were and can be made using this objective data. It's a full time job keeping up with social media related to my digital painting websites. Last week the views in my Etsy shop were significantly higher than "typical." I really couldn't figure out why. Then I got the weekly twitter update and that also showed a spike in views. I had posted a picture of us sitting on the Capitol steps watching the concert for valor on my iPhone. The photo happened to be of Jennifer Hudson with the Washington Monument in the background. Using the hash tag #concertforvalor, it became a part of the thread the evening of the concert, and received a lot of attention. Because my twitter page is linked to my Etsy site, some folks jumped from one site to the next. I don't have a lot of twitter followers, but have been working on that this past month. Whenever my blog is picked up by DC Blogs, the number of visits always increases. So what does this mean? I need to try to connect with key events, get smarter using hash tags, and keep working on all these websites. So if you are reading this blog, check out the links and be a part of a statistic! I'm keeping my eye on all of them!




No comments:

Post a Comment