Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Amazon Merch, Redbubble, and Zazzle Sales

I started painting again when the iPad was introduced in 2010. I opened an Etsy shop and continue to do a lot of custom pet portraits. I’ve used a lot of those images to open Zazzle, Redbubble, and Amazon Merch Shops. Getting an order for a custom portrait means I need to set aside time to actually paint the image and communicate with the customer throughout the process. What’s fun about having sales on the other sites is that I don’t need to do anything. I’m certainly glad I don’t have to make a living doing what I love, but it’s a great hobby in retirement. This month a parakeet pillow was sold to someone in California and a St. Bernard coffee mug was sold to someone in Australia on Redbubble; a set of German Shepherd greeting cards was sold to someone in Finland on Zazzle; and an Australian Shepherd T-shirt was sold on Amazon - they don’t share where the buyer comes from. All I can say is that it’s amazing to me that out of all the millions of images and products that are available on line, someone likes my artwork enough to purchase it. And it’s comes from all over the world! Thanks so much for noticing. I really appreciate the huge audience out there. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment