Sunday, July 22, 2018

Cole Haan Nike Air Rain Shoes and Gorilla Glue

I always got compliments on my Cole Haan Nike Air rain shoes. And when you wear a size 11 shoe, it’s a rare thing to find a pair that fit and are comfortable, nevermind get a compliment. As a child, having big feet seemed to be noticed by everyone, and not in a good way! I’ve had these shoes for a very long time and am so sorry they are starting to fall apart. I’ve already used gorilla glue on one of the shoes - it is separating at the toe end from the bottom. So yesterday I wore them for the first time in awhile because of the stretch of rain we are having, and noticed that the same problem has reoccurred. When I got home I found the gorilla glue again, added a couple of drops to the problem area, taped the sides together, and left them to “cure” overnight. Today they looked okay - and then I saw the bottom of the shoe. It’s stating to crack open. So all may be for naught. Maybe these will last another couple of wears. I just know I’ll never find anything like them again. I know shoes come in bigger sizes these days - at least now I have more options. It used to be “what have you got in my size?” whenever I went shoe hunting because anything I liked was a no go. But my question is - now that I found these, why is it just one shoe that seems to have the problem? 













No comments:

Post a Comment