Sunday, July 15, 2018

Prince Poppycock - Two Degrees of Separation

If you talk to someone long enough, it is possible to find a connection - you know the “Kevin Bacon” story about degrees of separation. The senator who lives down the street from us has a daughter in law who is best friends with my Florida high school classmate; a colleague at the Library of Congress was connected to the Chinese president via his wife’s family; another colleague at the Library was best friends with the brother of our Niece’s uncle who lives on the other side of the planet. They had a family reunion in Italy when my niece found out she worked at the Library. I contacted her and she said she was the one! Recently I was at a small get together when another connection was made, but I don’t remember how the subject came up. I think I may have mentioned if anyone was watching the new season of America’s Got Talent. That’s when an acquaintance who lives in our building said she knows Prince Poppycock - except she knew him by his real name and still keeps in touch. He is the son of a family she was the nanny to several years back. The Prince ended up fourth in the top four of the 2010 season - singing opera and creating lavish stage productions. So now I know him through her - the closest connection yet. So it’s always fun to hear about these sorts of things. You just need to keep your ears open and maybe just bring up the right subject matter. (Photos from the internet)






No comments:

Post a Comment