Wednesday, December 16, 2020

52Frames Black and White Minimalism

I’ve been at it now for about a month. Our friend in the Midwest told me about the 52Frames website that he has been using. The idea is to take a photo every week based on a specific subject, upload it to the site, then get and give feedback. It looked like a lot of professional or near professional people participated, so I was a bit nervous about it since my only camera is my iPhone. I take photos all the time for this blog, so having a “project” every week seemed like a good idea - especially since we take morning walks every day. This week the challenge was black and white minimalism. I’m not much of a black and white photo taker, so this was a bit daunting. After reading the definition, I thought the best place to capture something might be in the city. So we drove in to DC yesterday and searched for some options. The Jefferson Memorial was one idea, perhaps the Capitol reflecting pool, or a rooftop of some sort. I wasn’t very inspired by what we saw except we got a closer look at the Capitol Christmas tree as a diversion. Once we got home the inspiration struck. There were several window washers doing their thing across from our condo building. The back drop was perfect - the plain building, the lines, the minimalistic subject matter. So I took a few photos and hoped one of them might work. Then I needed to transform the images in to black and white using the app on my iPad. It always comes down to two photos that I really like and my husband ends up being the tie breaker. He really is a great support for all of my endeavors and helps me come up with ideas for each week’s challenge. So I’m thanking our friend for the idea, and my husband for his help - and the opportunity to think about something else. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment