Monday, December 7, 2020

It’s Hard to Walk With Foggy Glasses

I’ve heard of walking in a fog, but never really expected to do so - unless it was actually foggy outside or my brain was not functioning. We have been walking with the additional fashion statement - face masks - for the last eight months. We are in the “at risk” age group - if over 65 still stands - so we feel the necessity to stay safe. We have several different types of masks and generally don’t have a problem with them and our glasses. I do notice that if a wind is blowing it helps keep the fogginess at bay. Today however, was quite cold. It was only 36. For most of our walk I couldn’t see the side of a barn because the lenses were completely blocked. After a while the bubbles and fog usually subside - but they just didn’t.  It was so annoying trying to adjust the nose piece of the mask while waiting for the glasses to clear up. They just wouldn’t. Not until we got in the car to take a ride to get some gas did they finally begin to clear up. The only thing good about it was I tried taking some photos of the condensation that I could potentially enter on the 52Frames website this week since the subject matter is “texture.” If nothing else comes along it may be selection! These are the times I wish I wore contacts again. But since that’s not going to happen, I may have to just get used to it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment