Tuesday, November 9, 2021

52Frames Face a Fear Weekly Photo Challenge

Sometimes I know exactly where we need to go to get an image for the 52Frames weekly photo challenge. Every week there is a specific topic that I need to take a picture of. Some weeks I have no idea what I’m going to do and just take a lot of different photos related to the subject matter. It’s really hard to make a decision about which one to pick when I do that. Last week we needed to find something about “face a fear.” I know I really dislike rain and there is an umbrella fountain by our building. But I was thinking about the very marble stepped glass enclosed staircase at the East Building of the National Gallery of Art. It covers several floors, is narrow, and makes me dizzy looking up. So we drove over to the National Mall and parked the car - one of our most favorite things to do - and made our way to the gallery. We have been in there so many times lately. We entered in the west building after passing through the sculpture garden and quickly walked over to the other side, admiring a few things along the way, and taking photos of other staircases. Then we made out way to the top of the building where the big blue chicken sculpture sits outside, and started down the steps. It is rather frightening - the height as well as the slippery marble stairs. I asked my husband to get out in front so I could get a perspective with a person in the image. Afterwards we continued our morning walk towards the Capitol and the gardens until our parking time ran out. I think the end result was interesting and met the challenge. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment