Wednesday, November 17, 2021

52frames Weekly Warriors

I’ve been taking and submitting photos for a weekly 52Frames challenge for 52 weeks. So last week when I hit the mark of uninterrupted entries for a year I got an email from 52Frames welcoming me in to the 52Frames weekly warrior club. It has been quite the accomplishment. The whole idea came as a recommendation from a friend of ours. Although we do morning walks every day, this notion of having to get a photo with a specific subject in mind gave us more of a reason to get out of the house and maybe even go to places that we hadn’t been in almost two years. But more importantly, I’m not really a photographer. I just enjoy taking pictures and using them for this blog. I have also learned a lot of new terms and photo techniques that I had never heard of before. And some people have even commented that my photos were nice before, but they are even better now. I’ve also found a few photo apps that help edit the photos better than the editing available on iPhone. I did think about upgrading my 8Plus iPhone to the new 13, but decided to wait until next year when the telephoto option may be better. Since I only have a phone I am somewhat limited, but I would never use a camera. So it’s been a good year. One of my entries was selected as a top 52 out of over 2000 entries. So that gave me a bit of encouragement. It’s sort of like when I started doing digital art when the first iPad came out over ten years ago. I submitted a Eustace Tilley contest entry and was selected by the New Yorker as one of the finalists. It gave me a boost of confidence and my pet portrait business was born. I’ve always been kind of artsy and it’s a great hobby. So I continue to look forward to the weekly challenges. It’s hard to believe another year has passed. 














No comments:

Post a Comment