Monday, November 1, 2021

52Frames_shotwithaphone Weekly Challenge

I was so excited last week that my walls photo was chosen as one of the top 52 picks. So I wanted to try and continue my efforts for this weeks challenge - “shot with a phone.” Since I always shoot with a phone and I don’t own a camera, the subject matter was wide open - which makes it more difficult. We started the week in our old Capitol Hill neighborhood where Halloween decorations were an option. The problem was that Halloween would be over by the time the challenge for the week gets posted. Some of the photos from the Barracks Row neighborhood were interesting. We headed up back at the graffiti wall under the freeway for a shot I’ve taken several times but can’t seem to get enamored but it. On a very windy and rainy day we decided to take our morning walk in Tysons Galleria. We hadn’t been there for quite some time - but it’s a great option when the weather is foul. I got a couple of shots there, but nothing remarkable. Since the fall weather has been so lovely, we took another ride to the Tidal Basin at the end of the week and we weren’t disappointed. We started off by the Roosevelt Memorial and walked towards the Jefferson Memorial. In between there were some interesting scenes of a flooded Tidal Basin and underwater sidewalks and benches. All of a sudden a bird showed up at just the right time and that photo is the one we selected this week. It really isn’t that remarkable, but my husband loved it. He loved the walls photo last week and that did the trick. We ended up walking around the entire Tidal Basin and so it was a great morning. I can’t imagine that the bird photo will be noticed this week, but the idea is to get out of the house. Getting noticed is just a bonus. 






















































No comments:

Post a Comment