Monday, November 8, 2021

The Room is Spinning

When it rains it pours. Over the last almost two months we have been dealing with health care issues - more than we have ever had to before. My husband has had a chronic condition that doesn’t seem to have a specific diagnosis at this time. But that has meant frequent doctor visits, blood work, prescriptions, procedures and tests. Luckily it’s not life threatening, but very inconvenient and worrisome. This is the first week we don’t have an appointment for something but are awaiting conversations with physicians about next steps. Every once in a while I wake up feeling dizzy. It hasn’t happened for a while. This morning we did our usual coffee and reading. When I got up to get dressed for our morning walk the room started to spin. Then the nausea kicked in and I knew my blood pressure was dropping. So I headed for the couch and put my feet up. My husband got out his stethoscope to check my heart rate and carotid and got the wrist blood pressure cuff out. I couldn’t seem to warm up and my blood pressure reading was low. So I just rested for a bit and fell asleep here and there. It’s nice to say that I wouldn’t be writing this if I felt the same way. After changing back to my house clothes I almost passed out again and stopped to rest on the bed for a bit. Finally I’m back on the living room couch with a blanket and concerned husband. We were wondering what we might do today. It doesn’t look like much of anything. Hopefully things will return to normal. Every time this happens it reminds me how fragile things are and how much we take for granted. I hope things go back to “normal” soon. 








No comments:

Post a Comment