Friday, July 5, 2024

52Frames Negative Space Photo Trending

I’m really happy to see that my 52Frames photos keep trending! I don’t know how or why, but ever since one of my fellow frames told me my photo was trending on the 52frames website back in April, I have been checking the site routinely after each weekly album is released. It seems they usually appear on the second day. This week the subject was negative space and an image of the Capitol building with one lone young man sitting on the steps was submitted. I have had more comments on this image than most. I didn’t think it would be a negative space image because it’s rather “busy.” But after editing it to a high key and cropping it in along with maintaining the original light on the subject it seemed to work. It’s been a while since one of my entries has been selected as a top 52 out of the usual 2500 to 3000 images submitted every week. And I haven’t had any images selected on instagram lately and I would never expect seeing one in the top three. But I’ve come to enjoy the editing process more than the photo taking - and that might not always jive with the photography definition. I really like creating composite images. Hopefully this trend will continue. I really appreciate the thrill of it all every week and several comments include things like “I need to try that approach” or “you’ve inspired me to try that” or “I’ve never seen that technique before.” It’s a very uplifting experience! 








No comments:

Post a Comment