Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Plantar Fasciitis Tool Kit

A few weeks ago my heels started to hurt. The right side improved, but the left side continued to have problems. Then I looked up “why would my heels hurt when I stand” and it sounded like plantar fasciitis was the culprit. Since it was both feet I couldn’t recall any particular incident that would have caused it. So I’ve been speaking with the Hinge Health physical therapist who recommended foot exercises, ice bottle massages and a night foot splint using this PT app provided through my health insurance company. I was using it for lower back exercises but started these exercises instead for this problem. Where it was once 100% awful, it is about 90% now. I also ordered a plantar fasciitis toolkit that has several different items you can try to help alleviate the pain. I tried them but don’t find them very helpful. Anything worn tight around my foot is annoying so I’m sticking with a tight sock. The night splint must be working somewhat but I end up removing it after four hours. People who have had this condition say it takes several weeks to months for it to get better. Every one of them says the pain is awful. So I am hoping that my foot continues to improve. I’m still able to walk about two miles a day. Just when you think it’s getting better it starts all over again. I’m not really sure if it’s improving - I may just be adjusting to another painful event over time. I guess time will tell. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment