Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Teleflora #loveoutloud

It's been a busy week so far on our morning walks to the National Mall. On Monday the Capitol Christmas Tree arrived from Montana along with a huge star tree topper following behind. Yesterday we slipped in to the Botanic Garden before the throngs of people arrived and saw the Roadside Attractions Christmas Trains adventure. Today the Christmas tree is being decorated. But something in front of the reflecting pond caught our eye. There was a wall of something, and a lot of media and cameras about. So we walked over and saw boxes of beautiful flowers. There were people milling about. Two women approached us and asked us to check out the plaque, then do what we thought we should. One in particular asked if I would mind to be interviewed - but I declined. So we went over and read the plaque on this beautiful November morning and it was from Teleflora. It was an invitation to take a bouquet of Christmas flowers and give it to someone with the idea of watching the wall disappear. I have a feeling there would be a message left behind when all the bouquets were removed. So I gave my bouquet to my husband - not to tear down any wall - but because I love him! So you could say I was participating in the #loveoutloud campaign. On the way home we ran in to someone who lives in our building and told her to check out the flowers. She heard about it on Instagram and was heading in that direction. It was another way to attract attention - in a very nice way. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment