Thursday, January 31, 2019

Amazon Merch LITs Pooches, Kitties and Other Sweet Faces

I opened an Amazon Merch Shop last year called LITs Pooches, Kitties and Other Sweet Faces. It took a bit of doing because I can’t use my IPad to create the image sizes required for the T-shirts. I really dislike having to use my laptop, but there was no other way to make it work. All the files first need to have the backgrounds deleted, then converted from jpeg to png, and then sized to upload specifications. It’s a multi step process and quite time consuming. I’ve sold a few T-shirts and had 100 various images available. All of them are my custom pet portraits. Unlike the other websites I use - Zazzle, Redbubble, Etsy, Fine Art America/Pixels - the image is removed if it didn’t sell within six months. What that means is a lot of them get deleted and I have to decide whether to use the image again, or try something new. I’ve done a little bit of both and then some. It seemed like black labs were the biggest hit, so I made sure all of my black lab portraits were used. Aside from basic T-shirts, long sleeve T-shirts and hoodies are also available. But each type of shirt requires it’s own listing. You can also upload to the US, UK, or Germany. Again, each requires its own listing. I haven’t tried those yet. I’ve added a couple of “prelim sketch” options to mix it up. At least now all the converted suitable files are saved so I can easily upload the required images the second time around. Lately the Bichon Frise item has had a few takers. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to keep up with the turnover in my shop lately so it’s taking me a while to fully stock my shop! Luckily for me it is just a hobby - but sometimes it feels like a full time job. But when a painting of mine is noticed and sold? It’s really exciting! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment