Monday, July 24, 2023

52Frames In the Center Photo Challenge

The subject for the 52Frames photo challenge this week was “in the center.” So we took a ride in to town to find some options around the DC Navy Yard/Yards Park neighborhood. There were some reasonably decent images. I even tried using the tiny borzoi stuffed animal and painted me in next to her. But then on our morning walk we came upon the neighborhood lady with the interesting outfit. Last week I used her for the abstract challenge. This time she had on a multicolor dress with her distinguished wide brimmed hat and matching flowery shoes. She stopped at the children’s area in the park and began swinging. I knew this would become the entry this week - but only after I edited the photo in to a composite image. I think I have found my niche. I no longer like just taking photos. After all I’m not really a photographer. I just like taking pictures. But what I really enjoy is turning the photo in to a story by using a few different layered images to create a more interesting piece and also adding some digital art. So the dancing lady was isolated from that photo and placed on a background of a photo of  the night sky. Then the swing chains, the twinkling stars and more exaggerated clouds were painted in. The project went through three iterations - swinging against a blue sky, against a painted sky, and against a real night sky photo. So “would you like to swing on a star” became the theme and the entry. Now I can’t stop thinking about that song. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment