Sunday, July 23, 2023

The Beautiful Library of Congress Jefferson Building

They say it is the most beautiful building in Washington DC. And I have to agree. Although my base station was the Madison Building, I walked over to the Library of Congress Jefferson Building almost daily over my ten years as a federal employee there. What was even better is that we lived on Capitol Hill and my commute was jus three blocks away. So I was able to come home for lunch and enjoy my husband’s company. I retired a few years ago and we have since moved to northern Virginia, but last week we drove in to town to attend a program - something we still love to do. And every time we go, we are constantly amazed at how lovely this place is. And it doesn’t matter what time of the year. Right now it’s very busy with tourists and visitors. At Christmas the decorations are so pretty. There are wonderful views of the Capitol building from the great hall. There are also many exhibits to see. But we enjoy coming in for a program here and there and to spend some time beforehand just strolling around. I still can’t believe I actually worked there.  






















No comments:

Post a Comment