Saturday, July 15, 2023

Hinge Health Update

Nine months ago I started doing a physical therapy program through Hinge Health. It is sponsored through my health insurance as a way to either foster an exercise routine or help  with a sore knee, back, etc. problem. You work through the app - with or without sensors - and move your way up the program steps. Along the way you get rewards and kudos for completing parts of the program. I started out with a lower back pain exercise program. You are also assigned a physical therapy person to ask questions via text and they also check up on you. You can be as engaged or not. You can also set up appointments for specific concerns. Lately the exercises haven’t changed to I asked my contact why that was. She noted that I had completed the forty steps and suggested to start over and try using the more difficult version of each exercise rather than the “beginner” version. She also realized that I am not doing these exercises specifically for a particular ailment, but more for an every day routine. Originally I was using the sensors that were sent but later on didn’t feel like doing that anymore. You also get a yoga mat that is required for several moves. Aside from our morning walks and doing either these exercises or my own made up routine it feels like Groundhog Day sometimes. I don’t always like having to do this every day but am glad when it’s over. Maybe I’ll contact my PT person again and ask what exercises would be recommended for a basic routine. I suppose it doesn’t matter as long as you stick with it. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment