Monday, July 10, 2023

52Frames Reflection Weekly Photo Challenge

There are two ways you can look at the word reflection. A reflection in a mirror or body of water or glass. The other is thinking about something. So I decided to combine these two ideas in to one for this weeks 52Frames photo challenge. I rather like creating a composite - or project - photo image lately. There is more to the challenge when I think about it this way. I really like combining the photo taking with some creative art. After the memorial picnic service we attended in New England for my oldest cousin, we were given a small plant in her memory. It has since been planted in to a small pot that sits above the tv. So I took a photo of the pot, then isolated it from the photo by copying and pasting it in to my procreate app - the one I use for painting custom pet portraits. The printed text was painted over using the clone option and a prettier script was then added - in memory of Judi B. A second copy of this image was added and it was turned in to a mirror image. Additionally a motion blur was added to it so it looked more like a watery reflection. But the image looked a bit stark. So I found a photo of my cousin and enlarged the face to serve as a background layer. It was changed to almost transparent - just enough to show the eyes and the smile. I was very happy with the outcome and it means a lot to me - probably more than any of the judges will feel about it. I really never thought about using photographs with a combination of painting or creative layering before as a part of these challenges. I just know that no one else will have anything quite like it. 















No comments:

Post a Comment