Thursday, July 6, 2023

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad

I couldn’t let the week go by without wishing my mom and dad a happy anniversary. Both of my parents have passed away, but one will always remember the momentous dates and holidays. Their anniversary happened to fall on July 4. So it was always easy to remember. It was a steaming hot 100 degree day in New England in 1948. Since my grandfather owned a grocery store the only day available was on a holiday. We recently took a quick road trip to New England to memorialize our oldest cousin. It felt good to be around the places my parents lived. I can also understand why my dad wanted to move away from the hardships of living in that part of the country. It was at this cousin’s home that we celebrated their surprise fiftieth wedding anniversary. My cousin even made sure the cake looked the same as the original. So happy anniversary mom and dad! The whole country celebrated your special day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment