Thursday, July 20, 2023

People on Independence Avenue in Capitol Hill

Yesterday we drove in to DC to attend a program at the Library of Congress. We have been going to the Library for these types of events for seventeen years. I worked there for ten years and my husband would join us for whatever programs were held over the lunch hour. And then we would go after work in the evenings and also on weekends for other events that interested us. Before we could walk over when we lived on Capitol Hill. That made things a LOT easier. Now we need to drive in and leave the house early enough to ensure we have time for unexpected traffic situations and finding parking. So as we were driving down independence avenue in front of the House Office Buildings I was taking photos of miscellaneous people standing on the sidewalk. Even in this hot weather it astounds us to see so many people in suits and ties. Then there are the average working folk catching the bus home. I didn’t notice until my husband pointed out the next person standing alone was Chris Christie. I was going to say something to him but a cab was in the way, then another person joined him, and then the light turned green so I lost my chance. You never know who you might run in to in this neighborhood. That’s one of the things we miss about living there. 










No comments:

Post a Comment