Thursday, March 21, 2024

52Frames 52Picks Road Photo Challenge

At the suggestion of our friend in the Midwest I joined the 52Frames photo challenge at the beginning of the pandemic. It has served the best purpose of getting us out of the house to capture a photo every week of a given subject. I have learned a lot about taking photos and using new techniques - even though I am not a photographer. I just love to take pictures and my camera is my iPhone. This week the subject was “road.” We had a great opportunity to capture a woman in black crossing Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the US Capitol Building. My husband really liked this image and he is usually right. And I’m so happy that my picture this week was selected as a top 52 out of over 3,000 entries. I got an email this morning telling me of the good news. The last time my photo was selected was in October, and this one makes the fifth time - a record I am very proud of. I just wish I was physically feeling better since both my husband and I tested positive for COVID last Thursday. It’s been a long week and now I no longer have any taste or smell, along with congestion, cough, and sleepless nights. I am thankful that it is not worse. But after four years of being so careful and having the latest booster just ten days ago, I am feeling rather dejected. So this recognition came at a good time - but I will forever be reminded when it happened. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment