Saturday, March 23, 2024

Stumpy TShirts on Redbubble, TeePublic and FAA/Pixels

It’s such a thrill to receive a notice that one of my digitalart painting items was sold on one of my websites. This morning I got an email from TeePublic saying that a greyhound Tshirt was sold. I usually do not post photos on my websites, but because Stumpy - the famous cherry tree at the Tidal Basin - will be removed due to restoration work, everyone is taking about poor little Stumpy. So I searched for my photos of Stumpy over the years and found several - before he was famous. I posted them all on instagram, then created three composites of Stumpy. Two were of Stumpy in all four seasons and another was Stumpy over time. He looks glorious in spring, summer, fall and winter with the Washington Monument in the background. We have walked by Stumpy so many times. He’s like the little tree that could. As with everyone else we were so disappointed to hear that he will be removed. And since both my husband and I tested positive for Covid ten days ago we have avoided going outside and missing what has always been a most delightful time of the year to take photos. We are finally starting to feel a little more normal but still not ourselves at all. We hope we will be able to visit Stumpy one last time after the cherry blossom festival. We will miss Stumpy. I’m so glad we got to know him. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment