Sunday, March 24, 2024

Too Many Bananas

I am supposed to eat bananas to keep my potassium level up. Being on blood pressure pills and diuretics for most of my life contributes to the potasssium issue. So I’ve been eating bananas just about every evening for as long as I can remember. Ten days ago my husband and I both tested positive for Covid after four years of being extremely careful. It just doesn’t seem fair to get it now just as we were finally feeling normal about going out and living our lives. Last week we didn’t have the energy or inclination to go to Giant for groceries, so we decided to go back to the pick up option. It wouldn’t be a good idea to walk around the grocery store anyway. It’s so great to still have this option and used this - and the delivery option - many times during the pandemic. The problem was is that I inadvertently ordered five BUNCHES of bananas rather than one bunch that had 5-6 bananas. We didn’t realize it until we unpacked the bags. Thank goodness bananas are cheap! I asked our neighbor if she and her husband liked bananas and she masked up and I stuck my hand through the door with two banana bunches in a bag. That left us with theee bunches. So every day I’ve been having a banana with tea in the early afternoon, but there are still so many left. We are not banana bread makers and we don’t have the ingredients. That just goes to show you that you need to read the fine print. We are so fortunate to have these types of services available. Next time I will be extra careful! 














No comments:

Post a Comment