Friday, March 29, 2024

Crab Cakes and French Fries

We tested positive for Covid on our anniversary; felt lousy on Persian new year; and started to feel a bit better on my husband’s birthday. We were so disappointed to catch this awful virus after being so careful for four years. We just got the last booster vaccine eight days before. This has not been a good year for us, and an even worse March. My husband has been having too many doctor appointments since January and this was the icing on the cake. But for his birthday we decided it was time to make French fries. Not having any taste or smell it hardly mattered to me what we ate. Luckily I am getting some of that back but things still taste quite bland. But my husband loves French fries. So he cut the potatoes up in the French fry blade and I seasoned the potatoes in a bowl, then put them in the air fryer. Then we made frozen crab cakes and broccoli to finish up the birthday meal. It felt good to begin eating “normal” again. We were using the air fryers all of the time before Covid and I was really enjoying cooking. But I lost interest when we were down and out. After dinner I got out the usual snacks - lady fingers, cookies and candy - and added a single birthday candle. My husband was happy. In the end that’s all we can ask for. 






No comments:

Post a Comment