Thursday, June 9, 2016

Fresco News Reporter

I heard about Periscope, but didn't think it was very applicable for my use. But when we were in Florida this week, I was introduced to Fresco News. I usually post a few items daily on Instagram. Several entries were of tropical storm Colin, including a video of ducks in a puddle beside the pond they normally flap around in. I received a message from Fresco News asking to use the video on their feed. So I found out more about it, and it may be an interesting proposition. I agreed that they could use it, and it was on their feed in short order. It's funny how the things I liked to do before going to college and finding myself in a health care career, have been rekindled in both art and now journalism. I've been painting for the last four years on my iPad, and now I can participate in current affairs photojournalism via this app. I haven't put it to use yet, but if there is a story someone would like a video feed or photo images for, you get notified. If your images are used, you get credit for them and possible payouts. Living in DC may or may not be a helpful environment. But yesterday on our morning walk I didn't take photos of the activity in the city around the prime minister of India at the Capitol building, and that was a listed feature on Fresco News. So who knows? I'm ready to participate and waiting to see what happens. In the meantime, I'll keep posting whatever I do on Instagram. Maybe they will like something else I am completely unaware of! 





No comments:

Post a Comment