Sunday, December 17, 2017

Old Town Alexandria Christmas

We decided to head to Alexandria for brunch today. We haven't been there for awhile, and thought we could stop for groceries before coming back home. After that, we took a drive through Old Town to check out the Christmas decorations. Alexandria was always one of my favorite places to visit - even before we moved to DC. I love the old brick homes, general architecture, cobble stone streets, and gas lights! It feels like you are in a time warp driving through the neighborhood. I especially love the very traditional Christmas swags, bows and wreaths that are placed on almost every window of the house. The welcoming fruit and pineapples above the front doors are signs of days gone by. I have to say that there were fewer decorations than I remember, or maybe we just didn't take the right streets. Regardless, it is always a lovely drive - especially at this time of the year. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment