Thursday, December 28, 2017

Waffle House Breakfast

When we lived in the Midwest we went to George Webb for breakfast more times than I can remember. I loved the hash browns! Then we switched over to Ma Fisher's. It was a habit for us to go just about every Saturday. Here in DC we regularly visit Pete's Diner in our neighborhood after a morning walk and McLean Family Restaurant on Saturday. We know the staff and the staff know us in both places. While we were in Virginia this past weekend, we were treated to a new breakfast place. We went to one of these establishments a long time ago - in Frederick Maryland - on our way back home driving to the Midwest from DC. So when we kept hearing about the Waffle House, we figured it must be good because the family was giving it such good reviews - especially the hash browns. So we drove out to the "old" Waffle House and sat at the counter. The place was packed with some very interesting breakfast eaters! My husband ordered a waffle with hash browns and extra onions, and I got the bowl with hash browns, eggs, cheese, and crumbled sausage. Of course it was good because of all the butter - and the hash browns were even better. The only problem I have eating all this very salty food is that my ankles start to swell. So it is worth the experience while we are traveling, but I need to be very conservative with salt when we get back home. Fortunately for us the closest Waffle House to DC is still in Frederick Maryland. I wish I could eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. So it's a good thing the closest Waffle House is miles away. 






No comments:

Post a Comment